General Information about A.C.M.S.
A.C.M.S., Inc. currently has permitted a Class I Land Fill located in Sumter County, Florida.
Located just off of I-75 at the Hwy 470 interchange at Lake Panasoffkee, our operations are in the heart of the county. With I-75 located within one-half mile of our facility, and the Florida Turnpike within 6 miles, we are a viable disposal option for commercial waste haulers. Major markets are within easy driving distance:
- Orlando - 40 miles
- Tampa - 50 miles
- Gainesville - 70 miles
- Miami - 279 miles
- Jacksonville - 138 miles
A.C.M.S., Inc. has designed and planned for a facility that will meet the solid waste disposal needs for Sumter County and surrounding areas well into the next century. Our final build-out plan anticipates a volume of 109,155,000 cubic yards of air space. That is 83+ years of permitted air space!
Phase I construction consists of 8,500,000 cubic yards permitted by Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Fully permitted January 2011
- Second privately owned Green Field site permitted in the last 25 years
- Slated to open Fall 2012
What is Class I Waste?
- Solid waste which is not hazardous waste and which is not prohibited from disposal in a lined landfill under 62-701.300 FAC
- Putrescible Waste – Solid waste containing organic matter capable of being decomposed by microorganisms.
- Household Solid Waste
- Commercial Solid Waste
- Industrial Wastes (if approved by DEP)
- Class III Wastes – Processed tires, asbestos, carpet, cardboard, paper, glass, plastic, furniture (other than appliances), and other materials not expected to produce leachate posing a threat to public health or the environment
- Agricultural Wastes – Resulting from normal farming operations